Nutrition Education Campaigns
Individual Counseling: WIC staff includes registered dietitians, trained nutrition counselors and breastfeeding specialists. Clients can get individual health assessment and nutrition counseling at WIC.
Classes for Pregnant Women
- Taking Care of Mommy: nutrition tips for pregnant women
- Breastfeeding Success: tips for pregnant women and their partners and supporters
Classes for New Parents
- Baby Behavior: getting to know your newborn
- Starting Solids: class for parents with 4-6 month old babies
- Time for a Cup: protecting your baby’s new teeth
Classes for Parents of children. Every 2 to 3 months we feature a new topic of interest to parents. Here are the topics for coming months:
- June-August 2020: Indoor Gardening
- September-October 2020: Sweeteners
- November- December 2020: Easy Diet for Mom and Child
Online Education. Too busy to come to the WIC office? Take classes nutrition and parenting classes online with a smart phone, gaming station with internet access, tablet or a computer. Ask your WIC worker or follow these steps:
- Go to www.wichealth.org and create an account showing that Alameda County is your agency, and indicating where your usual WIC office is located (Telegraph, Eastmont, Hayward or Fremont)
- Choose and complete the lesson online (they are fast and informative), then fill out the survey and email or print your certificate.
- Your WIC office will be notified so that we can contact you to arrange pickup or mailing of WIC checks.