Q. Does your program provide cessation services?
A. TCP does not provide direct cessation services. However, we can refer you to one that best serves your needs for free or low cost. Please visit http://www.tobaccofreealamedacounty.org/quit-smoking for cessation resources in Alameda County.

Q. What do I do if there is a store that is selling tobacco to minors (under 21 years old)?
A. California State Law now requires individuals to be 21 years of age to purchase tobacco products, unless they are actively serving in the military. To report an unlawful tobacco sale call 1-800-527-5443.

Q. Does the Tobacco Control Team speak languages other than English?
A. Yes, they also speak Spanish. However, if another language is needed, we will make arrangements to accommodate the public’s needs. For smoking cessation needs in please call 1-800-no-butts, where helpline counselors are fluent in English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, and Vietnamese, the six most common languages in California.

Q. How do you handle requests for services not covered by your program?
A. The program would refer them to the appropriate resource. For more resources please visit http://www.tobaccofreealamedacounty.org/resources

Q. Can I file a complaint if a place is not cooperating with the smoking laws?
A. Yes - you can contact our program at (510) 208-5920 and visit http://www.tobaccofreealamedacounty.org/smoke-free-laws to read your city’s smoking ordinance and contact the correct enforcement agency.



Help Quitting Smoking during COVID-19: English | Spanish | Chinese | Korean | Vietnamese

Terms of Use  |  Privacy