Sexual Health Capacity Building (SHCB)
The Alameda County Public Health Department, STD Prevention & Control Unit provides free, customized sexual health capacity-building for community-based organizations, academic institutions, correctional facilities, hospitals/clinics, and other government entities.
Request Capacity-Building Services | Contact the STD Prevention & Control Unit
What methods of capacity-building are available?
STD Prevention & Control capacity-building service provision activities include, but are not limited to:
- Advisory and Assistance Service
- Community Outreach and Engagement (e.g., health fairs, panel discussion)
- Safer Sex Kit Dissemination (e.g., condoms, lube, brochures)
- Strategic Planning
- Training Workshop (in-person or virtual)
- Webinar (live or on-demand/prerecorded)
For which topics is capacity-building available?
STD Prevention & Control capacity-building content areas include, but are not limited to:
- Equity, Inclusion, and Sexual Health
- Normalizing Sexual Health: Let's Talk About Sex
- Pregnancy and Sexual Health
- Provider Bias and its Impact on Sexual Health
- Safer Sex and Harm Reduction
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) 101
- Science, Treatment, and Sexual Health
- Older Adults (50+) and Sexual Health
- Youth and Sexual Health
How can I request capacity-building services?
If you are based in Alameda County and would like to request sexual health capacity-building services (including safer sex supply dissemination), please complete the form below.
For support completing the form, or for general inquiries, please email us at SexualHealth@acgov.org.