How to qualify
To be considered for Project New Start, participants should be:
- an Alameda County resident
- between the ages of 13 and 25
- willing to make positive lifestyle changes, avoid gang, criminal or drug behaviors
- enrolled in school working towards a GED; in a job training program; or have a stable job
- willing to meet with a sponsor on a monthly basis
- contribute a minimum of 50 hours of community service
How do I Sign Up?
If you are interested in participating in Project New Start, please call (510) 268-2414 or (510) 208-5926 and set up an appointment. In the first appointment you will be assessed for medical eligibility and receive an assessment. After the initial assessment you will receive an application.