Substances that might harm your unborn baby
Contact MotherToBaby which provides free, confidential information in English and Spanish over the telephone at 1-866-626-6847, by text at 1-855-999-3525, or by e-mail.
They can provide answers to your questions about pregnancy and exposure to possibly harmful substances such as:
- infectious diseases
- or any other exposures.
Alcohol and Substance Use (California WIC Association)
Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
ACCESS Program (Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services)
Information, screening and referral for mental health, alcohol and drug abuse services and treatment for county residents. Includes the Perinatal Substance Use Disorder Treatment Referral Guide for resources for pregnant women and their families.
How to Quit Smoking
- California Smokers’ Helpline
- 1-800-662-8887 (1-800-NO-BUTTS)
This program that can help you and/or family members quit smoking in mulitple languages. There are also specialized services for teens and pregnant women:
- Free Services for Pregnant Smokers
- Free phone support and subscription quitting aids for Medi-Cal members
- Quit4Baby: Free text messaging programming for pregnant women who are quitting smoking
- Protect Your Family From E-Cigarettes, The Facts You Need to Know: English | Spanish
- Tobacco Use and Pregnancy: How Does Smoking During Pregnancy Harm My Health and My Baby? (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) maybe remove?
How to Quit Alcohol
- Drinking Suring Your Pregnancy (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
- Alcohol Use During Pregnancy (Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
How to Quit Other Drug Use
- Marijuana and Pregnancy (Alameda County Public Health)
- Prescription Opioids During Pregnancy (March of Dimes)