Alameda County Nutrition Services
OUR VISION: We envision that all people live in safe, connected neighborhoods that offer fresh, affordable foods, are choosing active healthy lifestyles and are engaged in their communities.
OUR MISSION: We promote and support healthy eating and physical activity through committed partnership with communities to reduce chronic disease and improve long-term health. ACNS is a program of the Alameda County Public Health Department’s Community Health Services Division.
To reach our vision we partner with residents and community organizations to accomplish the following:
- promote healthy eating and physical activity at health fairs and community events
- conduct cooking and physical activity demonstrations
- teach age-appropriate nutrition and cooking classes
- implement safe routes to school initiatives
- provide nutrition education in grocery stores
- plant gardens with fruits and vegetables
- develop and implement healthy food and beverage standards and wellness policies