Legislative Council’s vision is: Everyone in Alameda County benefits from policies that assure equitable health and wellness.
Legislative Council’s mission is: To promote a social and health equity legislative agenda through a cross-agency, interactive, and inclusive process.
This mission is achieved by:
- Maintaining a Public Health Department infrastructure for legislative advocacy and policy development
- Developing and introducing proactive legislative proposals
- Supporting pending legislation that promotes our legislative priorities
- Building partnerships to develop community-driven public health policies
Goals of the Legislative Council:
- Initiate public health legislative proposals
- Monitor federal and state legislation pertinent to our communities
- Work closely with State and Federal lobbyists
- Advise Alameda County Board of Supervisors to support, oppose or amend public health-related legislation
- Sponsor educational forums to communicate public health related issues
- Present legislative briefings for federal and state legislators