With the threat of ICE raids, detention, deportation, travel bans, and federal policy shifts, many immigrants find themselves in need of immediate legal guidance and representation.
- California Attorney General - Office of Immigrant Assistance
Immigration updates, legal actions, consumer alerts, partnerships, FAQs
- Asylum Basics
Asylum options for those fleeing gang violence, abuse, child trafficking, or seeking temporary protective status
- Basic Information on Immigration Options
U Visas, SIJS (Special Immigrant Juvenile Status), cancellation of removal, political asylum, DACA
- Alameda County Immigration Legal & Education Partnership
A network of organizations that have united to provide experienced, qualified attorneys to respond to deportations, detentions, executive orders
- California Driver’s Licenses Once DACA Expires
In California, if you have DACA you are eligible to apply for either a standard Class C license or an AB 60 driver’s license.
- The Rights of Lawful Permanent Residents
Your rights if you travel outside the United States, have been convicted of a crime, or are eligible to become a U.S. citizen.
- Centro Legal de la Raza Free Immigration Clinics
3rd Thursday each month, 9-11 a.m. No appointments required.
- National Immigration Law Center Workers Rights
Worksite immigration enforcement, Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification (E-Verify), employment discrimination, social security number verification
- International Institute of the Bay Area
Offers legal clinics; consultation hours are Thursday 9 a.m. - 12 and 1-5 p.m.
Main line: 510-451-2846
- Ready California Legal Assistance
Robust network of immigration and refugee service providers with immigration attorneys