Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP)
Pregnant women who are eligible for Medi-Cal can enroll in Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP), which includes prenatal medical care, plus
- health education
- nutrition education
- support for issues like jobs, emotions, relationships, housing, or other
These services can be provided by health educators, nurses, social workers, nutritionists, and health worker.
Research shows that these services
- decrease low birth weight
- improve the outcome of the pregnancy
- give babies a healthy start in life
- lower health care costs by preventing illness in infants
CPSP Provider sites throughout Alameda County.
The Alameda County Perinatal Services and Family Planning Program has compiled CPSP resources for local obstetric providers on a variety of topics, including:
- State of California Resources: State resources for Alameda County CPSP Providers.
- CPSP Program Resources: Local resources for Alameda County CPSP Providers.
- Patient Education Materials: Publications, handouts, and other materials for providers to provide health education.
- Alameda County Referrals: Local referrals for Alameda County CPSP Providers.
Additional Perinatal Services and Family Planning Program resources are also available:
Pregnant women and teens can go to CPSP sites and receive temporary Medi-Cal that same day for prenatal care. The patient must then apply for Medi-Cal. No one is excluded based on immigration status. While waiting for the reply from Medi-Cal, the clinic visits will be paid for by Medi-Cal.
Services can include
- Pregnancy tests
- Prenatal care
- Abortion and counseling