CHDP Provider Relations Staff
Our goal is to ensure that CHDP provider offices meet state standards in order to provide quality health care for Alameda County children and youth. Provider relations staff provide training, referrals and resources, in addition to certifying and renewing certifications for CHDP providers.
CHDP staff can assist provider offices with any questions and concerns you may have. Please call 510-618-2070 to speak with a provider relations nurse, the nutritionist, or the health educator.
Provider Relations Nurses provide care coordination for CHDP patients covered by CHDP Gateway or Medi-Cal fee for service upon request. Providers must submit the care coordination form to request follow-up. Please view the detailed form instructions.
CHDP has adopted the Bright Futures schedule for exams.
- Free Fluoride Varnish Training
Our Alameda County Office of Dental Health (ODH) staff and the Alameda County Integration of Oral Health Into Pediatric Primary Care Work Group are providing in-office Fluoride Varnish training for your staff. This free 1-hour training consists of:
- A brief Power Point presentation
- A demonstration of Fluoride Varnish application
- Actual hands-on practice with your staff
If you are interested in scheduling a dental training at your site, please e-mail Mary Collett at email@example.com or call 510-208-5924 to specify the days/time that are best for your clinic and the number of staff you expect at the training.
- First Five Alameda County - Events and Training
- Pediatric Grand Rounds at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland - a weekly forum for clinicians to discuss the latest developments in pediatric care featuring a wide range of pediatric topics. Grand Rounds are free and open to all child healthcare providers.
- Classes and Events at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland
Other Helpful Websites
- State CHDP Website
- Provider Manual
- Provider Information Notices (PINS)
- Health Assessment Guidelines
- Education Materials for Families
- Medi-Cal NewsFlash (Current Bulletins and Archives)
- Medi-Cal Learning Portal (Weekly Webinars for Medi-Cal Billers and Providers)
Public Health Alerts
- Alameda County Public Health Department
- California Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention