MRC members agree to be available in the event of a large public health emergency with the potential to overwhelm traditional health systems. They must be able to work under stressful situations and be prepared to respond with little notice. Minimum requirements for membership are:
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Complete an Alameda County Medical Reserve Corp Volunteer Application
- Complete an Alameda County Volunteer Application (Appendix A, Appendix B, and Appendix C-1)
- Register online at the Disaster Healthcare Volunteer website
- Instructions on how to register for a Disaster Healthcare Volunteer profile
- Have a current mailing address, email address, and working phone number for contact.
- Have a current professional licensure information, if applicable.
- Agree to a background check.