Throughout the year, the ALCO MRC provides educational and volunteer opportunities to prepare our members to respond to public health emergencies in an all-hazards framework.
Training Topics can range from:
- Personal Preparedness and building a Ready-to-go-Pack
- Radio and Communication Operations
- Medical Skills Training
- Safety and Personal Protective Equipment
- Incident Command System (ICS) Training
- Point of Dispensing (POD) Training
- Triage and Basic/Advanced First Aid
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Supporting Statewide Emergency Medical Service Authority (EMSA) Exercises
- Participation in Health Fairs
- Participation in Flu Vaccination Administration
- Participation in Mass Casualty Incident Exercises
Free Continuing Education Contact Hours may be offered at select trainings for some healthcare professions.
Check out our unit's profile to see what we have been up to!