What is WIC?
Women Infants and Children (WIC) Program
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program
WIC is a health, nutrition and breastfeeding program that offers:
- California WIC Card to shop for free healthy foods
- One-on-one sessions about nutrition, breastfeeding and health by phone with a WIC educator
- Answers to your questions while you are pregnant and as your child grows
- Breastfeeding support
- Online education
- Referrals to healthcare programs and other community resources
What is the California WIC Card?
- WIC parents use it to buy WIC foods at the market.
- It looks like a debit card.
- It’s easier to use than food checks.
- WIC gives you the card when you enroll.