Community Health Services Division
The mission of Community Health Services (CHS) is to encourage, support and empower residents to be healthy, build capacity for self-sufficiency, and improve the health and well-being of the community.
The Division focuses on neighborhood-based community strategies that address root causes of health and social inequity in public education and income and economic development.
Key strategies that the Division currently uses include:
- Promoting healthy choices through policy development, community engagement, education and information dissemination
- Protecting the health and well-being of residents with appropriate interventions and health policies based on state-of-the-art knowledge
- Ensuring access to quality health and social services through collaboration with individuals, families, institutions and available resources in the community
- Providing culturally and ethnically sensitive services to the community
- Engaging in on-going planning and evaluation in partnership with the community
Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention
Healthy Nail Salon Program
Nutrition Services/Physical Activity
Older Adults, Health Results
Project New Start/Violence Prevention
Women, Infants & Children
Community Health Services
Interim Director: Jenny Wang
1100 San Leandro Blvd.
San Leandro, CA 94577
Phone: (510) 268-4222